|Birthname||Ethel Agnes Zimmerman|
|born on||16 January 1908|
|Place||Long Island, New York, 40n50, 73w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°11' or|
American singer and actress known as the First Lady of Musical Comedy. The owner of a powerful, untrained singing voice and exuberant stage persona, she left a permanent record of her talents in over a dozen films, often noted for setting the audience on fire.
Merman had a total of four marriages and divorces, one to Ernest Borgnine in 1964. An autobiography was released in 1978 titled "Merman."
Merman underwent brain surgery to remove a tumor and died ten months later on 15 February 1984 at her home in Manhattan, New York, at the age of 76.
- parent->child relationship with Geary, Ethel Six (born 20 July 1941)
- spouse relationship with Borgnine, Ernest (born 24 January 1917)
- Health : Medical procedure 1983 (Surgery for removal of brain tumor)
Starkman quotes from Brass Diva: The Life and Legends of Ethel Merman by Caryl Flinn (University of California Press, 2007), pp. 4: "On January 16, the heavily pregnant twenty-four-year-old Agnes was attending a friend's wedding in the neighbourhood when the labor pains began. She rushed to her mother's house, where she made her home with Edward, and there gave birth to their daughter."
Sy Scholfield quotes from same book, p. 5: "the New York City municipal records" state that "Ethel Agnes Zimmerman came into the world on January 16, 1908."
Starkman rectified to 16 January 1908 18.38.48 EST.
Penfield Collection spec date and time of 2:00 AM EST. Same date in Astrological Reference and Astrological Index. The year 1909 is given in Information Please, Famous People and Celebrities. The year 1901 is given in 50,000 Birthdays. Mr. Hoffman quotes a biography for Whitestone, NY.
On the 1910 census, taken in April she was 2. On the 1920 census taken on Jan 1, she was 11. That makes 1908 the better choice.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Brain (Tumor)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway musicals)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Exuberant stage talent)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book