|born on||17 June 1945 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||Meensel-Kiezegem, Belgium, 50n53, 4e55|
|Timezone||MEDT h2e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||25°47' 23°26 Asc. 28°16'|
Belgian cyclist,one of the greatest cyclist of all times. Winner of the Tour de France in 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972 and 1974. Born eight days after his opponent Luis Ocana.
The French magazine Vélo described Merckx as the most accomplished rider that cycling has ever known, while VeloNews of the United States declared him to be the greatest and most successful cyclist of all time. In 2013, he still practises but wears a pacemaker.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Maertens, Freddy (born 13 February 1952)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Ocana, Luis (born 9 June 1945)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Thévenet, Bernard (born 10 January 1948)
- Work : Prize 1969 (Winner of the Tour de France)
- Work : Prize 1970 (Winner of the Tour de France)
- Work : Prize 1971 (Winner of the Tour de France)
- Work : Prize 1972 (Winner of the Tour de France)
- Work : Prize 1974 (Winner of the Tour de France)
Petitallot quotes B.C., Cadran No. 22, September 1995.
- Family : Childhood : Family extraordinarily supportive
- Vocation : Sports : Race Bikes (Cyclist, pro and champion)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Tour de France x 5)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession