|born on||28 June 1952 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||Barletta, Italy, 41n19, 16e17|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||07°04' 18°16 Asc. 23°28'|
Italian sprinter, the holder of a world record in the 200m in 1972 and 1979. Mennea competed in international competitions from 1972, winning 15 national titles, one European title and a Bronze Olympic medal, as well as setting the world record in the 200m, 9/12/1979, a record still standing as of 1995. He retired in 1994 to become a sports consultant to the local government in Giunta. Mennea is joint proprietor with his brother and father in Mepi, a sportswear business and he also manages an athletic club. He has been awarded the Commander award in 1979, the Grand Officer in 1980 and the Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit of the Italian Republic.
Mennea received degrees in political science and law and was qualified to practice as a public accountant.
Died 21 March 2013 in Roma (cancer).
- Work : New Career 1972 (Began competing)
- Work : Great Achievement 12 September 1972 (Set world record, 200m, still standing)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1979 (Commander award)
- Work : Prize 1980 (Grand Officer award)
- Work : Prize 1980 (Knight Grand Cross of the Order of Merit)
- Work : Retired 1994 (From competition)
Bordoni quotes B.C.
- Lifestyle : Work : Work alone/ Singular role (Sprinter)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Business ownership)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Co-owned with dad and brother)
- Vocation : Business : Consultant (Sports)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management (Manager)
- Vocation : Sports : Track and Field (Sprinter, champion and world record holder)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Three)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (World record holder)