|Birthname||Emilii Karlovich Medtner|
|born on||20 December 1872 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||Moscow, Russian Federation, 55n45, 37e35|
|Timezone||LMT m37e35 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°53' 29°17 Asc. 27°49'|
Russian publisher, member of the Russian Anthoposophical Society, and influential member of the Russian Symbolist movement.
Medtner was a patient and a friend of Carl Gustav Jung, and he was a member of the Zurich Analytical Psychology Club, and the Club’s first librarian. He was also an analyst with the Carl Gustav Jung Society of Berlin in 1931, and the editor of the Festschrift Die Kulturelle Bedeutung der Komplexen Psychologie.
Medtner worked at the publishing house of Musaget, and was a friend of Rudolf Steiner, though he subsequently split with the Anthroposophical Society. An advocate of homeopathy and hydrotherapy, he consulted a homeopath to help him with his Meniere’s Disease.
Medtner became a patient of Carl Gustav Jung in 1914, and he influenced Jung‘s thoughts on symbols and translated three volumes of Carl Gustav Jung‘s works into Russian, financed by Medtner’s friend Edith Rockerfeller McCormick. Emilii often wrote under his pen name of Volfing.
He died in 1936.
- friend relationship with Jung, Carl (born 26 July 1875). Notes: Patient and friend
- friend relationship with Steiner, Rudolf (born 25 February 1861)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with McCormick, Edith Rockefeller (born 31 August 1872)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1936
Sy Scholfield quotes "The Russian Mephisto: A Study of the Life and Work of Emilii Medtner" by Magnus Ljunggren (Almqvist och Wiksell, 1994): "Emilii Karlovich Medtner (Metner, when transliterated from the Russian spelling) was born in Moscow on 20 December 1872" (p. 9); "Medtner knew from the very first line of Truth and Fiction that like himself, Goethe had been born at noon, when the sun was highest in the sky. This explained the love both men felt toward the sun" (p. 109).
On page 9 Ljunggren states that Emilii's brother Nikolai was born in January 1880. This is a New Style date (he was born on Xmas day 1879 OS), so 20/12/1872 is presumably also a NS date.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Meniere’s Disease)
- Vocation : Education : Librarian
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist (Psychoanalyst)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor
- Vocation : Writers : Translator