|Birthname||Russell Charles Means|
|born on||10 November 1939 at 05:29 (= 05:29 AM )|
|Place||Pine Ridge, South Dakota, 43n02, 102w33|
|Timezone||MST h7w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°13' 06°39 Asc. 03°33'|
American Sioux Indian, writer and civil rights activist for the rights of Indians, the acknowledged contemporary leader of the Native American people. He co-founded AIM in the '60s retiring from the group in 1988. Means led the 71-day-takeover of Wounded Knee, SD in 1973. He is the author of an autobiography. "Where White Men Fear to Tread."
In 1974, Means was elected the first president of the American Indian Movement and he was a leader of the 1975 uprising of the Native Americans that resulted in violence and death. In 2002, Means was a candidate for Governor of New Mexico but was disqualified when the papers were filed too late.
Married several times, he has a number of children. His most recent wife is a beautiful Navajo woman, Pearl Daniel, a social activist herself.
He died following a battle with esophageal cancer on in Porcupine, South Dakota on 22 October 2012.
- spouse relationship with Means, Pearl Daniel (born 10 February 1960)
- Work : End Major Project 1973 at 12:00 midnight in Wounded Knee, SD (71-day-takeover of Wounded Knee)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1974 (President of the American Indian Movement)
- Work : Retired 1988 (Retired from the group AIM)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 2002 (Candidate for Governor of New Mexico, disqualified)
Pat Taglilatelo in the Astrologer's Newsletter Aug 2002 quotes Paula Persechin of Brighton for a time of 4:15 AM. Paula is a personal friend of the Means and a special guest at the recent AIM Powwow on South Dakota.
(Formerly, Steinbrecher quoted Linda Clark for 5:29 AM from him 9/1995 at a public lecture.)
- Traits : Body : Race (American Indian)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Several)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Indian rights activist)
- Vocation : Politics : Candidate and lost (Disqualified gubernatorial)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Co-founded AIM)