|Birthname||Christina Ann McNichol|
|born on||11 September 1962 at 13:11 (= 1:11 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||18°36' 15°57 Asc. 10°35'|
American actress, with wholesome good looks, she was a popular juvenile TV star of the 1970s, specializing in playing tomboys and tough teens.
McNichol began appearing in commercials in 1969 and in 1971 had her first guest role in a popular comedy show, "Love American Style." She was 12 when she was cast in a family drama, "Apple's Way" for its only season (1974-75) and then appeared in several TV shows. From 1976-1980 she became well known for her role in the family melodrama entitled "Family" and earned two Emmys (1976 and 1978) and a People's Choice Award. After several appearances in TV and Hollywood movies, many of which were forgettable though her performances earned praise, she starred in the successful TV series, "Empty Nest" beginning in 1988. However, reportedly suffering from severe bouts of manic depression, she left the show during the 1992-93 season.
She is host of the annual "Kristy McNichol Celebrity Tennis Tournament, " benefiting abused children and has lent her voice to animated films.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1974 (first major role in TV series)
- Work : Prize 1976 (for Best Support Actress in a Dramatic Series)
- Work : Prize 1978 (Emmy for Best Supporting Actress in a Dramatic Series)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1988 (began her five-year role in "Empty Nest.")
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate in hand
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Bi-Polar Disorder
- Family : Childhood : Family noted
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (began career at age 7 in TV commercials)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (won twice)