|Birthname||Ewan Gordon McGregor|
|born on||31 March 1971 at 20:10 (= 8:10 PM )|
|Place||Perth, Scotland, 56n24, 3w28|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°25' 18°03 Asc. 14°51'|
Scottish actor who made a film debut in 1994, playing a bit part in Bill Forsyth's episodic "Being Human." McGregor gradually came to public attention in the role of Alex Law in "Shallow Grave," 1994, followed by "The Pillow Book" and "Trainspotting," for which he lost almost 30 pounds and shaved his head to portray a heroin addict. He portrayed Obi-wan Kenobi in the first three Star Wars episodes plus many more films and TV roles. Rocketing to prominence over a comparatively short time, he sang in the film "Moulin Rouge!" 2001 and was voted No.4 in a magazine list of Top 50 British Actors, 2001.
As a boy of 16, Ewan left home to join the Perth Repertory Theatre with his parent’s encouragement along with that of his uncle, actor Denis Lawson. After drama study for a year, he enrolled at London’s Guildhall School of Music and Drama for a three-year course but left prior to graduation when he was picked for a six-part TV series, "Lipstick on Your Collar." He was eventually presented with an honorary doctorate from the University of Ulster at a graduation ceremony in Belfast, Northern Ireland.
While working on a TV show in 1994, he met production designer Eve Mavrakis, 28, and they married in July 1995 in France. Their daughter Clara Mathilde was born in February 1996 and Esther Rose on 11/07/2001 in London.
McGregor has formed a production company with friends Jonny Lee Miller, Sean Pertwee, Jude Law and Sadie Frost that they named Natural Nylon, hoping to make innovative films that do not conform to Hollywood formulas. They produced "Nora" in 2000.
With tongue in cheek during an interview, MacEwen said, "I'm doing my bit for the women's movement. The women have always been naked in movies and now I'm just desperate to take my clothes off as much as possible."
In mid-April 2004, the versatile actor left London on his round-the-world motorbike tour with fellow actor, Charley Boorman. The duo plans to take three months to ride nearly 20,000 miles on a route from London to Mongolia, then from Alaska to New York. They have been in rigorous training since January for fitness and survival skills including first-aid training.
McGregor announced on April 22, 2008 that he had had a cancerous mole removed from beneath his right eye.
- Work : New Job 1994 (Film debut)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1994 (Appeared in "Shallow Grave")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities February 1996 (Daughter Clara Mathilde born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Own production movie release)
- Work : Gain social status 2001 (Voted No.4 in Top 50 British Actors)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 7 November 2001 at 12:00 noon in London, England (Daughter Esther Rose born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Astrology Quarterly website Oct/2001 quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (To England and U.S. for work)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Co-owner production company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)