McDaniel, Boyce Dawkins
|Birthname||Boyce Dawkins McDaniel|
|born on||11 June 1917 at 06:20 (= 06:20 AM )|
|Place||Brevard NC, USA, 35n14, 82w44|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°56' 09°18 Asc. 03°56'|
American physicist who was a member of what was known as the Manhattan Project. McDaniel finished his doctoral thesis in 1943 and joined the faculty of Cornell University, where he stayed for 56 years. He was recruited to work on the Manhattan Project by his mentor at Cornell. In 1967 he became director of Cornell's Laboratory of Nuclear Studies and kept the post until his retirement in 1985.
He suffered a fatal heart attack in Ithaca, NY on May 8, 2002. He and his wife of 61 years had a son and a daughter.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1967 (Director of Cornell's Laboratory of Nuclear Studies)
- Work : Retired 1985 (From Cornell)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Science : Physics (Physicist)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Education : Administrator
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)