|Birthname||Matthew David McConaughey|
|born on||4 November 1969 at 19:34 (= 7:34 PM )|
|Place||Uvalde, Texas, 29n13, 99w47|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°28' 13°01 Asc. 12°33'|
American actor who made his motion picture debut in the comedy classic "Dazed and Confused," 1993. In addition to his acting career, McConaughey formed his own production company, j.k.livin’. In 1998, he wrote, produced and directed a short film entitled "The Rebel," and in conjunction with a former girlfriend, actor Sandra Bullock, he produced "Making Sandwiches," 1998.
McConaughey’s father, "Big Jim," who died in August 1992, ran an oil pipe supply business, and his mother Kay worked as a substitute teacher. He and his older brother, "Rooster," grew up in Texas where Matthew excelled in several sports during high school and was voted "Most Handsome" by his senior class. After graduation in 1988, he moved to Australia where, for a short time, he supported himself with a series of menial jobs. Eventually he returned to the US and enrolled at the University of Texas in Austin where he prepared for a career in law. He graduated in 1992, but a film he directed during his senior year awakened an interest in acting, so he moved to Los Angeles.
He followed up his initial film success with a series of supporting roles in films like "Angels in the Outfield," 1994, but it was his riveting performance in "A Time to Kill," 1996, that propelled him into leading man status. Although he took some time off to travel in Peru after completing the film, the rave reviews he received helped him capture his next role, starring opposite Jodie Foster, in "Contact," 1997, and soon afterward, Hollywood proclaimed him a "golden boy." In 1999, McConaughey starred in Ron Howard’s "EdTV," and a year later he appeared in the action-thriller "U-571."
In October 1999, he became known for more than his acting abilities when Austin police arrived at his home in response to noise complaints. There they found him naked, playing the bongo drums, and in the company of an unknown man. Illegal drugs were seen in the home, and when the police moved in, McConaughey resisted arrest. The charge of marijuana possession was eventually dropped due to lack of a proper search warrant, and the incident apparently didn’t cause major damage to his film career.
He married Camila Alves in Austin, Texas on 9 June 2012. The couple have two children: son Levi Alves McConaughey (7 July 2008, 18:22, Santa Monica) and daughter Vida Alves McConaughey (3 January 2010, 0:13, Santa Monica), with a third reportedly on the way.
- associate relationship with Efron, Zac (born 18 October 1987). Notes: co-stars in "The Paperboy"
- lover relationship with Jackson, Janet (born 16 May 1966)
- parent->child relationship with McConaughey, Levi Alves (born 7 July 2008)
- parent->child relationship with McConaughey, Vida Alves (born 3 January 2010)
- Family : Change residence 1988 (Moved to Australia)
- Social : End a program of study 1992 (Graduated from U. of Texas)
- Work : New Career 1993 (Film debut in "Dazed and Confused")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1994 (Appeared in "Angels in the Outfield")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1996 (Appeared in "A Time to Kill")
- Work : New Career 1998 (Wrote, produced and directed film)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 7 July 2008 at 6:22 PM in Santa Monica (Son, Levi Alves McConaughey)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 3 January 2010 at 12:13 AM in Santa Monica (Daughter, Vida Alves McConaughey)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Marc Penfield quotes a letter from the Registrar, copy in hand, signed by Betty Jaeffery - deputy.
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Handsome)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of two boys)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Unmarried as of 2002)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. to Australia to U.S.)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Own production company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Leading and supportive, film strongest medium)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer