|born on||15 February 1914 at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Seattle, Washington, 47n36, 122w20|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°59' 01°15 Asc. 24°36'|
American actor and noted family member. The brother of novelist Mary McCarthy, he is perhaps best known for his 1956 performance in "The Invasion of the Body Snatchers." He also received an Oscar nomination for the film, "Death of a Salesman."
McCarthy's parents died in the 1918 influenza epidemic and he and his three siblings were sent to live with relatives in Minneapolis. Life there was miserable. Five years later, he and his younger siblings went to live with their maternal grandfather. He became interested in the theater while at university and made his stage debut in 1938. After WWII in which he served as a military police officer, he returned to acting expanding his repertoire from Broadway productions to movies and television.
He married Augusta Dabney in 1941 and the couple had three children. The marriage ended in a 1961 divorce. In 1979 he married Kate Crane with whom he had two children.
His ex-wife, Augusta, died in 2008.
McCarthy continued to act into his 90s and died at age 96 on September 11, 2010 in Hyannis, MA.
- Relationship : Marriage 1941 (First marriage to Augusta Dabney)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1961 (From Dabney)
- Relationship : Marriage 1979 (Kate Crane)
- Death of Mate 2008 (Of ex-mate, Augusta Dabney)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five children from two marriages)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage