|born on||7 October 1921 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°31' 26°30 Asc. 01°47'|
British astrologer, author and teacher who was the director and principal of the Mayo School of Astrology, established in 1973. After leaving the Faculty he started a correspondence course aimed at students all over the world. In the '90s, the Mayo School still continued to provide world-wide tuition, with examinations as rigorous as always. The Mayo Diploma Course was listed at 300 pounds in 1997. He opened the doors of astrology to literally thousands of students at the same time as he demonstrated his organizational and administrative abilities.
His books include "Teach Yourself Astrology," How to Read the Ephemeras," "How to Cast a Natal Chart," "The Astrologer's Astronomical Handbook," "The Planets and Human Behavior," and in 1995, "Astrology, a Key to Personality."
A modest and sensitive man, he was also fun to be with. During WW II he had served with the Royal Engineers in military intelligence mapping out territory ahead of the troops, carving out an honorable record. After leaving active service in Normandy and Germany, he went into farming in Devon with his brother. He loved the outdoors, the wilderness and wildlife. Returning to North Devon, he was happy in his last home at Berrynarbor with his wife Diana.
Mayo died of cancer on 4/17/1998, 9:10 AM GDT, Barnstable, England. Though he had a long illness, he was not in intense pain but remained alert and coherent until the last few minutes.
- Death by Disease 17 April 1998 (Cancer, age 76)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Start Business 1973 (Started the Mayo School of Astrology)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1995 (Book, "Astrology, a Key to Personality")
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Astrology correspondence course)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Founded Mayo School)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Farmer/ Rancher (Farmed in Devon)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Farmed with his brother)
- Vocation : Writers : How To .... (Series of "How To" books)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Military : Military service (WW II)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founded Mayo School)