|Birthname||Giuseppe Antonio Berardinelli|
|born on||28 March 1922 at 00:00 (= 12:00 midnight )|
|Place||Cleveland, Ohio, 41n30, 81w42|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°44' 03°04 Asc. 09°05'|
American boxer, AKA Joey Maxim, a light heavyweight champion. He turned pro in 1941. In spring 1949 he won the American championship in his class. The following year, on 24 January 1950 in London, he beat opponent Freddie Mills in London, winning his first World Championship for his class. He captured his second title on 25 June 1952 in a bout with Sugar Ray Robinson in Yankee Stadium, New York.
He retired from the ring in 1958. He was inducted into the Boxing Hall of Fame in 1994.
Maxim died in West Palm Beach, Florida on 2 June 2001, aged 79.
- Work : New Career 1941 (Pro boxing)
- Work : Prize 1949 (American title)
- Work : Retired 1958 (From pro boxing)
- Work : Prize 1994 (Hall of Fame)
Steinbrecher Collection: Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Vocation : Sports : Boxing (Boxer)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (American and World Championships in his class)