|Birthname||Mark Steven Matousek|
|born on||5 February 1957 at 15:46 (= 3:46 PM )|
|Place||North Hollywood, California, 34n10, 118w23|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°56' 23°52 Asc. 26°52'|
American gay writer, Matousek has written two memoirs, "Sex Death Enlightenment" (1996) and "The Boy He Left Behind: A Man's Search for His Lost Father."
He began his career as a writer for "Interview" magazine, for three years in the 80s., leading a glitzy lifestyle among screen, stage and TV stars and other writers. He began to feel empty and, at age 28, while a friend and he were on the beach, he noticed a bruise on his friend's foot--AIDS. He knew he had it as well; shortly thereafter, he met Andrew Maxwell, his lover, who took him to India, stopping in Germany to meet Mother Meera, an Indian saint,. This encounter sent Matousek on his spiritual journey, and provides the material for his first memoir.
Matousek grew up in a home where his father abandoned the family early. When Matousek was four years of age, his father staged an unsuccessful attempt to kidnap the boy and then disappeared. Thirty-five years later, in 1996, now HIV-positive, Matousek hired a private detective to find the father he never knew, and wrote his second memoir about the experiences of the unsuccessful search and the impact on his siblings of their upbringing.
- Family trauma 1961 (father's unsuccessful attempt to kidnap him)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (wrote memoir "The Boy He Left Behind.")
Sy Scholfield quotes birth certificate
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Aids
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (father abandoned family, then tries to kidnap him)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (father abandoned family)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex (Andrew Maxell)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (memoirist)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (wrote for "Interview" magazine)
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy ("Sex Death Enlightenment")