|born on||28 February 1865 at 08:45 (= 08:45 AM )|
|Place||Geneva, Switzerland, 46n12, 6e09|
|Timezone||LMT m6e09 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°49' 15°18 Asc. 06°27'|
Swiss-British mystic and astrologer, the first initiate into the Golden Dawn organization and the wife of its' founder. The daughter of orthodox Jewish parents and an art student, she met MacGregor Mathers in the British Museum. When he founded the mystical order, he initiated her, 1888, and they married two years later. MacGregor was the Magician and Moina the High Priestess, and she spent her time painting, doing astrological charts and from 1891, channeling the "Secret Chiefs" for instructions on the rituals of the order.
In 1892, they moved the headquarters to Paris where they were supported by their friend and mentor, Annie Horniman.
It was said that the couple were religious celibates but Moina channeled tantra and sex with elementals. Se died July 25, 1928 in a Paris hospital, age 63. Self-starvation has been given as a possible cause of death.
- spouse relationship with Mathers, MacGregor (born 8 January 1854)
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1891 (Channeling Secret Chiefs)
- Relationship : Marriage 1890 (Number of Marriages)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher (9:15 AM Bern time)
(In an article in the Mountain Astrologer, Mary K. Greer had no time of birth and rectified to 8:15 AM GMT)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer
- Vocation : Religion : Cult leader
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Spiritualist
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience (Chanelling discarnate masters)
- Passions : Sexuality : Celibacy/ Minimal (Religious celibate marriage)
- Passions : Sexuality : Sexual perversions (Tantric sex with elementals)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, celibate)