|born on||5 May 1818 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Trier, Germany, 49n45, 6e38|
|Timezone||LMT m6e38 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°56' 11°16 Asc. 23°03'|
German-Jewish communist and philosopher who developed the theory of socialism. Along with Engels, he presented both "The Communist Manifesto," 1847 and "Das Capital," 1848. Marx also, as a dialectic materialist, founded the Social Democratic Labor Party in 1869. In his younger years, he studied law and worked as a newspaper editor.
In 1849 he settled in London. Unable to support his family by journalism and improvident by nature, he was reduced to living on an endless series of small loans. He was a prolific writer, but irregular working hours, cheap cigars and the highly seasoned food of which he was fond exacerbated his liver and gallbladder. The strain of poverty was lifted from Marx and his wife, Jenny von Westphalen, in 1870 when his benefactor, Friedrich Engels, retired from manufacturing and supplied them with a regular income.
The first volume of "Das Kapital" was published in 1867 but failing health and other preoccupations prevented publication of the remaining two volumes during Marx's lifetime. Late in 1881 he and his wife both lay ill in their row house south of Hampstead Heath. He was stricken with "bronchitis" and Jenny had liver cancer, dying on 12/02/1881. Marx never recovered from her death. When his daughter Jenny died in Paris in January 1883, it was a final blow.
Marx died intestate and stateless of TB on 3/14/1883, London, England.
- business associate/partner relationship with Engels, Friedrich (born 28 November 1820)
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Bakunin, Mikhail (born 18 May 1814 Jul.Cal. (30 May 1814 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Marx, Edgar (born 3 February 1847)
- parent->child relationship with Marx, Jenny Julia (born 16 January 1855)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1847 (The Communist Manifesto)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1848 (Das Capital)
- Relationship : Extramarital Affair 1850 (Housekeeper Helena Demuth)
- Social : Joined group 1869 (Founded Social Democratic Labor Party)
Wemyss FN No.157 "recorded." Same from Lyndoe, "official record"
(Sabian SymbolsNo. 654 gives 1:30 AM, Treves, Prussia. Rudhyar in AA May 1938 gives "around 7:10 AM." "Fowlers," gives 8:00 AM as, "B.R.")
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Tuberculosis
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful (Illegitimate son in 1851)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two daughters and an illigimate son)
- Lifestyle : Financial : On the edge (Endless loans, next hand-out)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Socialist, Communist)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Newspaper editor, secondary)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Marxism)
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Founder of socialism)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book