|Birthname||Enrique José Martin Morales|
|born on||24 December 1971 at 17:00 (= 5:00 PM )|
|Place||Hato Rey, Puerto Rico, 18n25, 66w03|
|Timezone||AST h4w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°24' 29°55 Asc. 20°41'|
Puerto-Rican singer, a pro from age 13 who exploded into international popularity in 1999 with his "Livin' la Vida Loca." Along with the growing favor of salsa music, his Latin good looks, talent and sensuality made such an impact that he soared onto the charts.
Ricky reports that his childhood was healthy and happy. His parents divorced when he was two but he saw them both and played with a total of five half-siblings. "Kiki" as he was called, loved performing and at age seven did his first TV commercial. His goal was to be a member of the musical group "Menudo," a boy-band that retired each musician when their voice changed - 17 at the eldest. Ricky first auditioned for them at 12 and was turned down. On his third try, he made it - on 10 July 1984.
Being a member of Menudo meant rehearsals and discipline. They toured nine months a year and the rest of the time cut records, rehearsed and did TV shows. In 1989, he left the group as a 17-year-old millionaire, more worldly than his years. He moved to New York City and took six months to mull over his life. He began to take dancing, singing and acting lessons.
Mexico was open to Ricky's talents and the young Latino played on Mexican TV, sang in several bands and made his first movie. His success was noticed by Sony Records which signed him to a recording contract. "Ricky Martin" was released in 1991. The record did fairly well but it was when he toured that the fans went wild. He won an award as Best New Latin Artist that year, and other awards began to flood in, along with acting jobs. With each album, his voice became richer and more polished and his delivery, more sensational. His "Maria" became a hit in Europe, the Far-East and Australia.
Making his home in Miami, Florida, Ricky practiced his English. Seen in the company of different women, he steadily evades the question about his sexual preference, saying that people may speculate if they have nothing better to do with their time.
In late 2000, his new CD, "Sound Loaded," was released to immediate raves. Handsome and bursting with vitality, Ricky was seen on the covers of both People and Entertainment magazines in November.
The singer was sued for $63.5 million by his former manager for breach of contract. Martin’s lawyer denies the allegations.
In October 2005 he released his first English language album in five years. "Life" attempts to reflect his search for a lower-key more meaningful life. The album was released afer several months of humanitarian work which took him on travels around the globe. In August 2008 he became father to twin sons delivered via a gestational surrogate. They are named Valentino and Matteo. More specific Information about the date, time and/or place of birth was not forthcoming.
On 29 March 2010, Martin publicly acknowledged his homosexuality in a post on his official website stating, "I am proud to say that I am a fortunate homosexual man. I am very blessed to be who I am." In 2011, during his acceptance speech of the Vito Russo Award at the 22nd GLAAD Media Awards, Martin publicly thanked his boyfriend, Carlos González Abella, an economist. His relationship with González Abella ended in January 2014.
- Social : Left group 1989 (Left the group to go solo)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (First album released under Sony Records)
- Work : Prize 1991 (Best New Latin Artist)
- Work : Gain social status 1999 (Hit single, "Livin' La Vida Loca" released)
- Work : Prize 16 January 2000 (Amer. Music Award for Best Latin Music Artist)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Crime : Law suit 2004 (sued for $63.5 million by his former manager for breach of contract)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released October 2005 ("Life," an English-language CD)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities August 2008 (Birth of twin boys via surrogate)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Marc Penfield quotes Kristen Sparks, "Ricky Martin, An Unauthorized Biography," Berkley Boulevard Books, New York, a pocketbook 1999, that quotes the B.C. on p.13. (Copy in hand)
- Traits : Body : Appearance gorgeous (Latin good looks)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Five half-siblings)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Same sex
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Twins, triplets, etc.
- Family : Parenting : Birthing - Unusual (via gestational surrogate)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Millionaire by age 17)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Openly gay)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (From age 13)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (International salsa singer, pop and rock)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Other Entertain/Music (Music videos)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best New Latin Artist)