|Birthname||Stephen Peter Marriott|
|born on||30 January 1947 at 11:00 (= 11:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°43' 15°30 Asc. 19°44'|
English musician, songwriter and frontman of two notable rock and roll bands, spanning over two decades.
Marriott is remembered for his powerful singing voice which belied his small stature, and for his aggressive approach as a guitarist in mod rock bands Small Faces (1965–1969) and Humble Pie (1969–1975 and 1980–1981). Marriott was inducted posthumously into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame in 2012 as a member of Small Faces.
In Britain, Marriott became a popular, often-photographed mod style icon through his role as lead singer and guitarist with the Small Faces in the mid to late 1960s. Marriott was influenced from an early age by his heroes including Buddy Holly, Booker T & the MG's, Ray Charles, Otis Redding, Muddy Waters and Bobby Bland. In later life Marriott became disillusioned with the music industry and turned his back on the big record companies, remaining in relative obscurity. He returned to his music roots playing the pubs and clubs around London and Essex.
Marriott died on 20 April 1991 when a fire, thought to have been caused by a cigarette, swept through his 16th century home in Arkesden, Essex. He posthumously received an Ivor Novello Award in 1996 for his Outstanding Contribution to British Music, and was listed in Mojo as one of the top 100 greatest singers of all time.
- associate relationship with Frampton, Peter (born 22 April 1950). Notes: Band mates in Humble Pie
- business associate/partner relationship with Jones, Kenny (born 16 September 1948). Notes: Band mates in Small Faces
- friend relationship with Bowie, David (born 8 January 1947)
Sy Scholfield quotes data from the book, "Steve Marriott: All Too Beautiful" by Paolo Hewitt & John Hellier (Helter Skelter, 2004), p. 30.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.