|Birthname||Antje Geertje Markus|
|born on||29 January 1947 at 01:00 (= 01:00 AM )|
|Place||Haarlem, Netherlands, 52n23, 4e38|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°15' 25°39 Asc. 29°12'|
Dutch society painter, autodidact.
She was born in Halfweg (Halfway), near the great Dutch painters city Haarlem. Her father was a carpenter, her mother an housewife. At age 11 she showed already a talent for painting. She visited the Lyceum at Haarlem. At age 16 when here family moved to Brabant, she wanted to visit the Famous Artist School. But this wish was not appreciated by her hard working parents. Do your best to survive in the physical world was there theme.
Ans Markus started professional painting around the age of 30, after an unhappy eleven years lasting seemingly necessarily marriage (1967-) that she from the start felt was doomed to fail. She married nevertheless as she was pregnant of her daughter and her later model Sigrid and saw no other way to go. But after the painful and her real personality insulting marriage her paintings became a way of healing, a way of unfolding herself and refinding her inner space.
The hesitant unfolding of her hurt personality was first symbolised by her mysterious portraits of women in drapings. An early painting called "vleugellam" of a draped woman with a broken-winged birth (1980) appeared on the cover of the novel "Van Geluk gesproken" of Marijke Höweler (1982) The book was adapted to screen in 1987 as "Count your Blessings" and got many "calves" but flopped in the bioscopes.
In 1981 she had her first exposition at galery Lambert Tegenbosch at Heusden with the draped woman theme. Her partner, the art collector Wybe Tuinman bought her first painting. Later themes were mirrors and circles, the mirrors obviously symbolising self-reflection and the circles symbolising her still unfolding world she said in an 2005 interview.
She is known to be interested in astrology and myths. Bad times predicted by her astrologer Peter de Vos were more bearable and myths helped her to see her personal misery in a greater, more universal perspective: "In mijn werk probeer ik altijd boven mijn eigen gevoelens uit te stijgen, het universeel te maken.." (2005).
After a difficult period with bad health in 1994 (M. Pfeiffer) predicted to her, she painted gratefully the Zodiac paintings, dedicated to the stars that had mercifully guided her.
She is known to be a very private person, but once in a year guests are invited to her in 1995 opened Expo’Atelier on the Amsterdam Prinseneiland 14D.
On 6 November 2009 Markus was selected as Dutch artist of the year.
- Relationship : Marriage 1967 (Unhappy marriage)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (First exhibition)
- Health : Acute illness 1994 in Amsterdam (Morbus Pfeiffer)
- Other Social 1995 in Amsterdam (Expo’Atelier)
- Mental Health : Mental health returned 1995 in Amsterdam (http://www.ansmarkus.nl/english/zodiac.html)
Schepel quotes the time as personally given by her in Sterrentijd #68 (1 Jan 1996)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience (Recognised astrology as predicting her personal life experiences.)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter: http://www.ansmarkus.nl)
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Visual perception (http://www.koosdewiltconcept.nl/ans-markus/)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Dutch society painter)