|born on||18 February 1844 at 12:00 (= 12:00 noon )|
|Place||The Hague, Netherlands, 52n06, 4e18|
|Timezone||LMT m4e18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||28°59' 00°27 Asc. 01°18'|
Dutch artist, painter and third of three brothers who were noted artists in varying mediums. Influenced by Mauve, his subjects are confined to meadows and cattle. Willem became a leader of Dutch impressionism, urging his pupils - among them Breitner - to paint outdoors and use vivid colors.
Willem died in London in 1910.
- sibling relationship with Maris, Matthijs (born 17 August 1839)
- sibling relationship with Maris, Jacob (born 25 July 1837)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1910 at 12:00 midnight in London, England (Age 61-62)
Selma Schepel quotes B.R. in Sterren Tijd Vol 15
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three boys)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Both brothers also artists)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Impressionist)
- Lifestyle : Work : Mentor/Tutor (Breitner)