|born on||17 August 1839 at 22:00 (= 10:00 PM )|
|Place||The Hague, Netherlands, 52n06, 4e18|
|Timezone||LMT m4e18 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°14' 00°14 Asc. 23°49'|
Dutch artist, a painter and member of a noted family, the second of three brothers who are notable artists in varying mediums. Matthijs specialized in mystical scenes and figure compositions of visionary subjects. In 1869 he moved to Paris and then in 1877 to London where he remained the rest of his life in seclusion until his death 8/17/1917.
- sibling relationship with Maris, Jacob (born 25 August 1837)
- sibling relationship with Maris, Willem (born 18 February 1844)
- Family : Change residence 1869 (Moved to Paris)
- Family : Change residence 1877 (Moved to London)
- Death, Cause unspecified 17 August 1917 at 12:00 noon in London, England (On 78th birthday)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Selma Schelper quotes B.R. in Sterren Tijd Vol 15
- Traits : Personality : Private (Reclusive in latter years)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three brothers)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Both brothers also artists)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter of mystical figures and dreams)