Marie, Queen of Romania
|Birthname||Princess Marie Alexandra Victoria of Edinburgh|
|born on||29 October 1875 at 10:30 (= 10:30 AM )|
|Place||Kent, England, 51n15, 0e40|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||05°37' 08°03 Asc. 15°25'|
British noted family, the daughter of Alfred, Duke of Edinburgh who was the second son of Queen Victoria. On 1/10/1893, at 17, she married Prince Ferdinand of Romania, who later became king. Moving to a strange country, she found herself alone in an environment that was strange to her, in a difficult life.
She and Ferdinand had six kids. She was crowned with him at Alba Julia on 10/15/1922 and took a great national interest as she learned to love Romania. She wrote "The Lily of Life," 1913 and "My Country," 1916, retiring from public life after her husband's death in 1917.
Queen Marie died on 7/18/1938 at the royal summer residence, Sinaia, Romania.
- parent->child relationship with Carol II, King of Romania (born 15 October 1893)
- child->parent relationship with Alfred, Prince (1844) (born 6 August 1844)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 1 September 1878)
- sibling relationship with Alfred, Prince (1874) (born 15 October 1874)
- sibling relationship with Beatrice, Princess of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (born 20 April 1884)
- sibling relationship with Victoria Melita, Princess of Saxe Coburg and Gotha (born 25 November 1876)
- Death of Mate 1917 (Husband died)
Dana Holliday quotes Hannah Pakula, "The Last Romantic," p.39, from a notice mailed to the London Times. Same in Modern Astrology 9/1933.
Sy Scholfield quotes The London Gazette, 30 October 1875, p. 5161: "Eastwell Park, October 29, 1875. This morning, at half-past Ten o'clock, Her Royal and Imperial Highness The Duchess of Edinburgh was safely delivered of a Princess." https://www.thegazette.co.uk/London/issue/24261/page/5161
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (34 years)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (1927)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Two)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women