|Birthname||Diego Armando Maradona|
|born on||30 October 1960 at 07:05 (= 07:05 AM )|
|Place||Buenos Aires, Argentina, 34s36, 58w27|
|Timezone||ADT h3w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||06°59' 16°57 Asc. 28°07'|
Argentine soccer champion who scored winning goal in the final 1986 World Cup Game, when Argentina beat Mexico.
He began playing soccer early and led the Argentina youth team to win the world cup in 1979. After the 1982 world cup in Spain, he joined Barcelona and played in Spain for two seasons. In 1984 he joined Naples, Italy and won two Italian Championships in 1986-87 and 1989-90, a Coppa Italia (1987), an UEFA cup (1989) and a Supercoppa Italiana (1990).
Maradona's career began a slow decline, when he failed a drug test in 1991 and was suspended from soccer. When the suspension was over, he played for Seville, Spain and then returned to Argentina.
In the World Cup of 1994 in the USA, Maradona was tested after the match against Nigeria and was found to have used "ephedrine." As a result, he was suspended for more than a year. For the remainder of his soccer career, he played for Argentina's Boca Juniors and, on October 30, 1997, he retired from football, age 37.
His post-retirement years were not easy. He battled drug addiction. In late February 2005, the retired Argentine soccer star lost his lawsuit in an Italian court and was ordered to pay 30 million euro ($40 million) in back taxes to the Italian government. As if his addictions and financial troubles weren’t enough, his weight ballooned since his retirement to 267 pounds on a 5’6” frame while he battled his addictions primarily in Cuba. On March 9, 2005 he checked out of a Colombia hospital four days after having gastric bypass surgery in an attempt to lose weight and regain health.
- opponent/rival/enemy relationship with Matthäus, Lothar (born 21 March 1961). Notes: Opponents
- Mental Health : Begin Addiction 1991 (failed a drug test)
In August 2003 Daniel Churba quotes biography by Sergio Levinsky for a time of 7:05 AM: " Maradona: Rebelde con Causa " Editorial Corregidor 1996. But in October 2004, Sy Scholfield posits a time of 23:50 based on another biography, "Hand of God" by Jimmy Burns (Bloomsbury) which states that when he was born at night his mother saw "a star, glowing in the Southern Hemisphere" reflected on the hospital floor, "like a pearl." Sy writes, "The time is speculative based on that statement, and gives a chart with Mars in Cancer approaching the Cancer Ascendant and ruling the Aries MC, plus Sun in the sporty (equal) 5th house. Burns recounts the story that Maradona was born kicking his way out of his mother's body."
- Traits : Body : Size (5'6")
- Traits : Body : Weight (ballooned to over 250 pounds after retirement from soccer)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy (gastric bypass surgery)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (became obese after retirement)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (seven kids)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (fifth of seven children)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (soccer team)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (required to pay back taxes of $40 million to Italy)
- Vocation : Sports : Soccer