Manuel I, King of Portugal
|born on||1 June 1469 Jul.Cal. (10 June 1469 greg.) at 14:59 (= 2:59 PM )|
|Place||Lisbon, Portugal, 38n43, 9w08|
|Timezone||LMT m9w08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||19°25' 02°11 Asc. 27°07'|
Portuguese royalty, known as Don Manuel the Fortunate. He was the son of Fernando, Duque de Viseu, who was the brother of Alfonso V, their father being King Don Duarte. Manuel succeeded to the throne when Don Joao II died childless.
In 1497 he married Dona Isabel of Castile, widow of the heir to the Portuguese throne, Don Alfonso. Widowed, in 1500 he married Isabel's sister Maria; and in 1518 he made a third marriage, to Dona Leonora of Castile; he fathered a total of 12 kids.
- Relationship : Marriage 1497 (Dona Isabel of Castile)
- Relationship : Marriage 1500 (Maria)
- Relationship : Marriage 1518 (Dona Leoner of Castile)
- Death, Cause unspecified 13 December 1521 Jul.Cal. (23 Dec 1521 greg.) at 12:00 noon in Lisbon (Death unknown, age 52)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey, Nativities I, quotes date from original records, June 1, 1469 OS, time of 3:00 PM LAT approximate from "when the Corpus Christi procession was passing the house," (traditionally about 3:00 PM).
(Felipe Ferreira quotes Mario Saa for the same date but 5:30 PM.)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Dona Isabel of Castile)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (12)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Portugal)