|Birthname||Gottfried Angelus Mann|
|born on||27 March 1909 at 16:30 (= 4:30 PM )|
|Place||München, Germany, 48n08, 11e34|
|Timezone||MET h1e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°20' 23°51 Asc. 14°13'|
German/Swiss conservative historian, essayist and writer. He was the third child of the novelist Thomas Mann and his wife Katia Mann. He lived mostly in Kilchberg, a suburb of Zürich, in the family home which the Mann family acquired after return from their American exile in 1952. He was homosexual, a fact he kept hidden from the public until a few days before his death.
On 7 April 1994, Mann died in Leverkusen aged 85. His urn was buried in Kilchberg, but – in fulfillment of his last will – outside the family grave.
(Photo by Ulrich Wienke; please click on image to view license info
- child->parent relationship with Mann, Thomas (born 6 June 1875)
- sibling relationship with Mann, Erika (born 9 November 1905)
- sibling relationship with Mann, Klaus (born 18 November 1906)
- Death, Cause unspecified 7 April 1994 at 7:15 PM in Leverkusen (from his friend and doctor Dr. Michels)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
'Michael Keller pointed to Golo Mann's autobiography 'Erinnerungen und Gedanken'. On p. 10 he quotes from the diary of his mother, which holds that he was born between 4 and 5 pm. Keller suggested using the middle of the hour.
- Vocation : Writers : Other Writers (historian)