|born on||5 October 1946 at 07:12 (= 07:12 AM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°39' 05°01 Asc. 25°46'|
American singer, a Broadway and cabaret star known for her falsetto voice.
The daughter of well-known singer Gordon MacRae and his wife Sheila, Heather had several brothers and a sister, the actress Meredith MacRae. Their childhood was a time of turmoil as their father was an alcoholic who finally fought his way to sobriety a short time before his death in 1986.
At the farewell event for the famous cabaret club, "Eighty Eight," Heather performed "Songs for my Father," a touching tribute that spoke of the challenges she and her family had faced together over the years. In her gifted voice, strong and controlled, yet haunting, she mesmerized the audience with her honest reflections about her father as a person, a parent and a public persona.
She was the winner of the 1999 Backstage Bistro Award and MAC Award for Best Female Vocalist.
- parent relationship with MacRae, Gordon (born 12 March 1921)
- Death of Father 1986 (Cancer, age 64)
- Work : Prize 1999 (Backstage Bistro Award)
- Work : Prize 1999 (MAC Award for Best Female Vocalist)
LMR quotes a colleague (name on file), data from her
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Cabaret)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Broadway)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Cabaret)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Daughter of Gordon MacRae)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Father alcoholic)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Female Vocalist and Backstage Bistro)