|Birthname||Henriette Theodora Marković|
|born on||22 November 1907 at 02:30 (= 02:30 AM )|
|Place||Paris Arrondissement 6, France, 48n5102, 2e1958|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°38' 22°25 Asc. 05°24'|
French artist (photographer and painter), and lover and muse of Pablo Picasso. She was the daughter of a Paris-based Yugoslav architect aand French artist. She studied painting in Paris and fell in with the surrealists in the 1930s. In 1937 she had the first exhibit of her photography in Paris.
A year earlier, in 1936 she met Picasso and he was smitten by her beauty. They shared their ability to speak Spanish as she had spent time in Argentina and they shared their sadness at the Spanish Civil War. Maar photographed him painting "Guernica" and became his weepinig mourner. The subject and collector of his art, she served as his muse for the nine years of their relationship.
After he left her in April 1944 for Francoise Gilot, she pursued an interest in the mystical and resumed painting. She never married and had no children.
She died July 16, 1997, age 89 in Paris, leaving her collection of Picasso's work and her own to the auction block.
- friend relationship with Éluard, Nusch (born 21 June 1906)
- lover relationship with Picasso, Pablo (born 25 October 1881)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1937 (With Picasso)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1944 (With Picasso)
BC in hand from Didier Geslain archive, file peintres, photo 97
- previous: Sy Scholfield quotes data from "Dora Maar's Astrological Chart" drawn for her by an unknown astrologer in 1936 and included among Pablo's papers in the Picasso Archives, Musee Picasso, Paris; viewed in its original form by Sy Scholfield in 2006 at the "Picasso Love & War 1935–1945" exhibition (http://www.ngv.vic.gov.au/picasso/). A small reproduction of the chart is included in the book by Anne Baldassari, "Picasso Love & War 1935–1945: Life with Dora Maar" (Melbourne, NGV: 2006), p. 20 (fig. 2.). It is difficult to see the details of the chart as reproduced in the book but I saw that the original states her time of birth ("heure Legale") as "1h matin" and has an ascendant of 19 Virgo and MC of 16 Gemini. According to Baldassari's book, Maar was born Henriette Markovitch on 22 November 1907 in Paris. PT notes that a New York Times article after death gives her birth name as Theodora Markovitch in Tours in 1907. Other sources give 1909 as her year of birth.
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (with Picasso)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist
- Vocation : Art : Photography