|born on||10 November 1924 at 09:38 (= 09:38 AM )|
|Place||Tulsa OK, USA, 36n09, 95w59|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||17°59' 08°12 Asc. 20°41'|
American author and lesbian activist, she and Del Martin founded Daughters of Bilitis in 1955, the first activist group in the US fighting for rights for lLesbians. She and Martin had met in 1950 while Lyon was working as a reporter. The women moved in together in 1953 and through Daughters of Bilitis and other organizations, they continued to fight for lesbian rights. They were key members of NOW (National Organization for Women) as well as the Council of Religion and Homosexuals.
When California legalized gay marriage, Lyon and Martin married on June 16, 2008. Her beloved Del died on August 27, 2008.
- spouse relationship with Martin, Del (born 5 May 1921)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (Co-wrote "Lesbian/Woman" with Del Martin)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship 1950 (With Del Martin)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1955 (Established Daughters of Bilitis with her partner)
Steinbrecher quotes her/birth certificate; returned info form in hand
- Passions : Sexuality : Lesbian
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ social (Lesbian activist)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Lesbian/Woman and two other books)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Author)