Lully, Jean Baptiste
|Birthname||Lulli, Giovanni Battista|
|born on||29 November 1632 (greg.) at 16:30 (= 4:30 PM )|
|Place||Florence, Italy, 43n46, 11e15|
|Timezone||LMT m11e15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||08°03' 09°53 Asc. 10°58'|
Italian-French musician, a violinist, composer and conductor. Born into a humble family, he was brought to Paris in 1646 as a servant to Mademoiselle d'Orleans, where his musical talents were discovered. He entered the Kings orchestra in 1652 and soon became its conductor. Insatiably ambitious, Lully became music master to the royal family and made friends with Moliere. He primarily composed from 1663-1671, and then became director of the Paris Opera, 1672-1687. Lully introduced ballet into his operas and composed at least thirty ballets for which he won great repute.
He injured his foot on 1/08/1687, resulting in a growth that led to gangrene, causing his death on 3/22/1687, Paris.
- Family : Change residence 1646 (Paris)
- Work : New Career 1652 (Kings orchestra)
- Work : New Job 1663 (Composed, eight years)
- Work : New Job 1672 (Director of the Paris Opera, 15 years)
- Death by Disease 22 March 1687 (greg.) at 12:00 noon in Paris, France (Gangrene from injury, age 54)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Shelley Jordan quotes University Memorial Library archives, "Lully naquit a Florence le lundi 29 November 1632 a 4:00 1.2 de l'appres-midi." Same data given in "Lully, Ou Le Musicien Du Soleil" by Phillipe Beaussant, 1992, p.18, 4:30 PM. (Rodden originally converted this date to December 9 with a time of 16:23; but in October 2011 it was changed back to the original date and time given that New Style dates were adopted well before Lully's birth).
(Steinbrecher quotes Barbault from E. Sanchez for baptism certificate of November 28, 1632, 08:55 AM LAT; given as 161/2 hours after sunset of the prior day, Florentine time.)
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Gangrene, terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Foot injury)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Composer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (The Royal Family and Paris Opera)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Violin)