|born on||21 November 1952 at 15:53 (= 3:53 PM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°38' 27°04 Asc. 14°26'|
American actress, singer, dancer and member of a noted family, the daughter of Judy Garland and Sid Luft, half-sister to Liza Minnelli. A talented woman, she never reached the career peaks of her famous mother and sister but attained nightclub acclaim as a singer before her career slowed by 1980. Lorna made a pro debut in 1963 at age 11, appearing with her brother Joey and sis Liza on a special Christmas edition of their mom's popular series, "The Judy Garland Show." She went on the road with her mom in 1967 for a concert tour that ended at the Palace Theatre in New York and performed practically non-stop after that. Her credits include a number of musical productions on and off-Broadway, guest appearances on dozens of TV shows and some few movies.
Luft married manager Jake Hooker; their son Jessie was born in NY in 1984 and daughter Vanessa Jade on 21 September 1990, Los Angeles, CA. They grew apart as she is an outgoing party girl with a great personality and he was quiet and shy.
As a divorced mom of two, she met Englishman Colin Freeman, 30, when they toured with "Hollywood and Broadway" where she was the star and he, the musical director, and they married on 1 September 1996, Highclere Castle, England. She went on to play the role of Adelaide in "Guys and Dolls."
Luft shares her story in "Me and My Shadows: A Family Memoir" released in 1998 scheduled to be an ABC miniseries for the 1999 season. She remembers her childhood as a non-stop series of trips and moves. "As a kid, I never had any friends because we never stayed in one place long enough." Her mom turned everything into an adventure, and her sister Liza, seven years older, was always her best friend.
Her father, director Sid Luft, died of an apparent heart attack on September 15, 2005 in Santa Monica. He was 89.
- parent->child relationship with Hooker, Jessie Cole (born 25 April 1984)
- child->parent relationship with Garland, Judy (born 10 June 1922)
- sibling relationship with Luft, Joey (born 29 March 1955)
- sibling relationship with Minnelli, Liza (born 12 March 1946). Notes: Different fathers
- Death of Mother 22 June 1969 at 12:00 midnight in London, England (Mom died of O.D.)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1984 (Son Jessie born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 21 September 1990 (Daughter Vanessa Jade born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1998 (Autobiography released)
B.C. in hand from the Wilsons (Same in Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (Cocaine, rehab)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Mom)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Second of three)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Close to half sister Liza Minelli)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (15 years to Jake Hooker)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second husband 14 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Home : Many moves (Constant moves as a kid)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Debut at 11)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women