Ludwig IV. von Liegnitz
|born on||19 April 1616 (greg.) at 09:00 (= 09:00 AM )|
|Place||Brieg, Poland, 50n52, 17e27|
|Timezone||LMT m17e27 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°31' 08°14 Asc. 12°51'|
Polish nobility, a Duke of Brzeg from 1633 (together with his brothers until 1654), of Wołów (during 1653-1654 with his brothers) and of Legnica from 1653 (until 1654 with his brothers, after this alone). He was the fifth but second surviving son of John Christian, Duke of Brzeg-Legnica-Wołów-Oława, by his first wife, Dorothea Sybille, daughter of John George, Elector of Brandenburg.
In Brzeg on 8 May 1649, Louis IV married Anna Sophie (Harzgerode, 29 September 1628 - Prochowice, 10 February 1666), daughter of John Albert II, Duke of Mecklenburg-Güstrow by his third wife, Eleonore Maria of Anhalt-Bernburg, first cousin of Louis IV's father John Christian; thus, the spouses were second cousins. They had one son, Christian Albert (7 November 1651 - 20 January 1652).
After his death (in Legnica on 24 November 1663) without surviving issue, Louis IV was succeeded by his brothers George III and Christian. George III died soon thereafter, and Christian reunited all their lands under his rule.
- child->parent relationship with Dorothea Sibylle von Brandenburg (born 9 October 1590 Jul.Cal. (19 Oct 1590 greg.))
- sibling relationship with August, Count of Legnica (born 21 August 1627 Jul.Cal. (31 Aug 1627 greg.)). Notes: Half-sibling
- sibling relationship with Christian von Liegnitz-Brieg (born 9 April 1618 Jul.Cal. (19 Apr 1618 greg.))
- sibling relationship with Georg III. von Brieg (born 4 September 1611 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Sibylle Margarethe von Brieg (born 20 June 1620 Jul.Cal. (30 June 1620 greg.))
Sy Scholfield quotes "Der Schlesische Adel," Volume 2, by Johannes Sinapius (Rohrlach, 1728), p. 139: "Ludovicus, nachgehends regierender Herzog zu Lignitz, geb. zu brieg 1616. 19. April. Vormittags um 9. Uhr, getaufft 9 Mai." [Translation: Ludovicus, the [next?] reigning Duke of Lignitz was born at Brieg in 1616 on 19 April in the Morning at 9 o'Clock, and baptized on May 9th]. The entry in this book for his brother Christian uses dates from the Gregorian calendar, so Ludwig's dates are also presumably New Style.
- Notable : Famous : Royal family