Louis XV, King of France
|born on||15 February 1710 at 08:18 (= 08:18 AM )|
|Place||Versailles, France, 48n48, 2e08|
|Timezone||LMT m2e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||26°20' 15°59 Asc. 28°42'|
French royalty, the son of Louis, Duc de Bourgegne, grandson of Louis le Grand Daphin, great grandson of Louis XIV whom he succeeded in 1715. He was king by right at age five, with the monarchy in Regency until 1723 when he was declared of age at 13. He was crowned three years later, 1726.
He made a political marriage to 22-year-old Princess Marie Leczinski in 1725, the daughter of Stanislas of Poland; they had two sons and eight daughters. Weak and pleasure loving, Louis preferred affairs of the heart to affairs of state and was dominated by a series of mistresses and court favorites. His four major mistresses included the famed Mm. de Pompadour for 19 years, 1745-'64 and Mm. du Barry for six years, 1768-'74.
During his reign, France had several wars. During the Seven-Year War, 1756-'63, Louis lost colonies in Canada and India to Great Britain. The people hated Louis for the costly and disastrous wars and his personal scandals and extravagance. His reign did much to set the stage for the French Revolution. Louis could see the coming disaster but cared little and was remembered for his callous remark, "After me, the deluge."
King Louis died of smallpox 5/10/1774 in Versailles, France.
- lover relationship with du Barry, Madame (born 19 August 1743)
- lover relationship with Pompadour, Mme de (born 29 December 1721)
- other associate with duc de Saint-Simon, Louis de Rouvroy (born 16 January 1675 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Louis, Dauphin of France (1729) (born 4 September 1729)
- (has as) worker relationship with Philippe II, Duke of Orleans (born 2 August 1674 (greg.))
- Relationship : Marriage 1725 (Political marriage)
Martin Harvey, Nativitas 1, quotes "The Memoirs of the Duke of Saint-Simon of the Reign of Louis XIV and the Regency," London, 1888, Vol 2 p.134. "On Saturday the 15th of February, the King was waked at 7 o'clock in the morning, an hour ealier than usual because Madame la Duchesse de Bourgogne was in labor. At three minutes and three seconds after eight o'clock she brought into the world a Duc d'Anjou, who is the King Louis XV." (February 15 OS, 8:03:03 LAT = 8:18 LMT)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Histoire généalogique et chronologique de la maison royale de France" by Anselme de Sainte-Marie (par la compagnie des libraires associez, 1726), p. 181: "Louis XV. du nom, roy de France & de Navarre, . . . né à Versailles le 15. fevrier 1710. à huit heures & demi-quart du matin..."
- Traits : Personality : Vain/ Self-absorbed (Not liked by the people, vain, full of himself)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Marriage 49 years, one mistress 19 years)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Distant (Political marriage)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Four major mistresses)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Loss - Financial crisis (Extravagant)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Balls, parties, affairs)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Many affairs)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)