Louis XIV, King of France
|Birthname||Louis de Bourbon|
|born on||5 September 1638 (greg.) at 11:13 (= 11:13 AM )|
|Place||St. Germaine, France, 48n54, 2e05|
|Timezone||LMT m2e05 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°46' 05°40 Asc. 15°26'|
French royalty, the eldest son of Louis XIII and Anne of Austria and crowned king on 5/14/1643 at age four. His mother acted as Regent until he reached his majority.
Self-centered and extravagant, Louis made a brilliant court for festivities: the depravity and voluptuousness paved the way for the revolution. He depreciated the national coffers with his passion for building gorgeous palaces including the Versailles.
He married Dona Maria Thereza in June 1660 and they had six kids. She loved him deeply although he steadily availed himself of mistresses. Dona died in 1683 and Louis married the widow Scarron c. 1683. Known as the Sun King, Louis ruled for 72 years and died on 9/01/1715, Versailles, France.(annot. mik: at 08:15 LAT)
- associate relationship with De la Chaise, François (born 25 August 1624 (greg.))
- other associate with duc de Saint-Simon, Louis de Rouvroy (born 16 January 1675 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Marie Therese of France (born 19 December 1778)
- child->parent relationship with Louis XIII, King of France (born 27 September 1601 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Marquise of Maintenon (born 27 November 1635 (greg.))
- spouse relationship with Marquise of Montespan (born 6 October 1640 (greg.))
- sibling relationship with Philippe I, Duke of Orléans (born 21 September 1640 Jul.Cal. (1 Oct 1640 greg.))
- other kin relationship with Louis Auguste, Prince of Dombes (born 4 March 1700 (greg.)). Notes: Grandkin
- (has as) worker relationship with Le Nôtre, André (born 12 March 1613 (greg.))
- compare to chart of Magimel, Benoît (born 11 May 1974)
- Death of Mate 1683 (Dona)
- Relationship : Marriage 1683 (Scarron)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1 September 1715 at 08:15 AM in Versailles (Age 76, Time is LAT)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey in Nativitas I states that Jean Baptiste Morin was hidden behind a curtain to hear the baby's first cry (August 26, 1638 OS, 11:15 LAT). Fagan wrote in American Astrology 11/1963, "As sighted by Morin de Villefranche from the terrace of the palace at the moment of birth," with a time of 11:11 AM. (Time style not designated, but apparently LMT inasmuch as LAT is not expected to be to one minute of precision.)
Dana Holliday quotes a biography by Vincent Cronin, 1965, p.21, for 11:22 AM.
(Modern Astrology 3/1932 states that two dates are given in Ashmole ms No.243, August 25 and September 4, both of which differ from Gadbury.)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Had many mistresses)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed (Dona died)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Lifestyle : Work : Start young less than 16 (Age four, crowned)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)