Louis XII, King of France
|born on||27 June 1462 Jul.Cal. (6 July 1462 greg.) at 05:04 (= 05:04 AM )|
|Place||Blois, France, 47n35, 1e20|
|Timezone||LMT m1e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||13°28' 08°25 Asc. 23°26'|
French royalty, who ruled France with justice and moderation and was called "Father of the People." He reigned from 1499 to 1515.
The son of Charles, duc d'Orléans, and Marie de Clèves, Louis succeeded his father as duke in 1465. He was imprisoned after a revolt in 1488 but was restored to power and commanded the troops at Asti during Charles VIII’s invasion of Italy in 1494-95. After Charles’s death, he became king of France. His reign was marked with great domestic popularity, and he worked to protect his subjects against oppression.
He made three marriages and had two children. He first married Jeanne of France, daughter of his second cousin King Louis XI. After taking the throne, he annulled his first marriage. He then married his predecessor’s widow, Anne of Brittany, reinforcing the union of her duchy and his kingdom. His third wife was Mary Tudor, the third daughter of Henry VII.
Louis XII died 1/01/1515 OS, Paris.
- parent->child relationship with Claude de France (born 13 October 1499 Jul.Cal. (22 Oct 1499 greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Renée de France (born 29 October 1510 Jul.Cal. (8 Nov 1510 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Anne of Brittany (born 26 January 1476 Jul.Cal. (4 Feb 1476 greg.))
- spouse relationship with Mary, Queen of France (born 18 March 1496 Jul.Cal. (27 Mar 1496 greg.))
- Work : Gain social status 1465 (Duke)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1488 (Due to revolt)
- Social : Deinstitutionalized - prison, hospital 1495 (Restored to power)
- Work : Gain social status 1499 (King of France, 16 years)
- Death, Cause unspecified 1 January 1515 Jul.Cal. (11 Jan 1515 greg.) at 12:00 noon in Paris (Age 53)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey quotes Birth Record (June 27 OS, 5:00 AM LAT). Arthur Blackwell has the same date from Barbault with a correction of 5:06:02 UT, and from the Journal of Louise de Savoie and Anselme's History with a time of 5:08 AM.
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Mary Tudor)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (France)