Louis Joseph, Dauphin of France
|Birthname||Louis Joseph Xavier François|
|born on||22 October 1781 at 13:23 (= 1:23 PM )|
|Place||Versailles, France, 48n48, 2e08|
|Timezone||LMT m2e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°31' 10°04 Asc. 23°36'|
French royalty, the second child and elder son of King Louis XVI of France and Marie Antoinette. As a son of a king of France, he was a Fils de France ("Son of France"), and as the eldest son and heir apparent, he was Dauphin of France, (the twenty-sixth "crown prince" of the Capetian and Bourbon monarchies).
Louis Joseph died of tuberculosis on 4 June 1789, aged seven, at the Château de Meudonat, and was succeeded as Dauphin de France by his four-year-old brother Louis-Charles.
- child->parent relationship with Louis XVI, King of France (born 23 August 1754)
- child->parent relationship with Marie Antoinette, Queen Consort (born 2 November 1755)
- sibling relationship with Louis XVII, King of France (born 27 March 1785)
- sibling relationship with Marie-Thérèse, Dauphine of France (born 19 December 1778)
- sibling relationship with Sophie Hélène Beatrix, Princess of France (born 9 July 1786)
On 13 February 2017, Sy Scholfield changed the birth time to 1:23pm (and the rating to A), quoting news report from "Journal historique et littéraire," 15 Nov. 1781, p. 71: "Versailles (le 25 Octobre.) Le 22 à une heure 23 minutes de l’après-diné, la Reine eft accouchée d’un Dauphin" (Versailles (October 25th). On the 22nd, at 1:23 after lunch, the Queen was delivered of a Dauphin); and from "Wiener Zeitung," 7 Nov. 1781, p. 2: "Versailles, den 23 Weinm. ... Gestern, um 1 Uhr 23 Minuten Nachmittags, von einem Dauphin sehr glücklich entbunden worden" (Versailles, 23 Oct. ... Yesterday, at 1:23 o'clock in the afternoon, was very happily delivered of a Dauphin).
Previously this entry had 1:15pm: David Fisher quotes Valerie Matthews who quotes a biography, "Born at 1:15 PM by the King's own watch."
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Tuberculosis (Terminal)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (First)
- Personal : Death : Short Life less than 29 Yrs (Seven years old)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Bourbon, France)