|born on||29 January 1960|
|Place||San Diego CA, USA, 32n42, 117w09|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°56' or|
American celebrity swimmer, the only diver in history to have a building altered for his benefit. In 1983, Air Force Academy raised a section of the ceiling over its platform so Louganis would not put a wrist or foot through it during Olympic Festival competition. He is the only diver to break 700 points on the platform and the record holder on the springboards. He is the only diver to have a perfect dive in competition, winner of a Silver Medal at the 1976 Olympics and Gold at the 1984 Olympics. Five-time world champion, Louganis has 47 national titles, three consecutive Pan American Games sweeps and is a member of the Olympic Hall of Fame and 1984 Sullivan Award winner.
He is the natural son of unmarried teenagers, a Samoan dad and Welsh-Irish mom who put him up for adoption, taken by his family at nine months. He has one adopted sister.
- Work : Prize 1976 (Olympic Silver Medal)
- Work : Prize 1984 (Olympic Gold Medal)
- Work : Prize 1984 (Sullivan Award)
LMR quotes media for date; time unknown
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Over 50 awards and titles)
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Olympic)
- Notable : Awards : Olympics (Gold and silver)
- Personal : Birth : Illegitimate birth
- Vocation : Sports : Swimming (Platform diver)