|Birthname||John Joseph Ryan|
|born on||30 December 1920 at 23:42 (= 11:42 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°14' 26°57 Asc. 04°37'|
American actor who made a screen debut in "Project X," 1949, and became best known for his TV series, "Hawaii Five-O," 1968-1980.
The son of an executive, Lord became a seaman while still in his teens. His interest in acting grew and he performed on stage, film and TV, as well as writing and creating several TV shows himself. He played in a series, "Stoney Burke," 1962-63 before his top-rated thriller series.
An artist, at one time Lord ran a Greenwich Village art school and he exhibited his paintings at the Metropolitan and British museums and galleries.
He died late at night on January 21, 1998, age 77, of congestive heart failure, at his home in Honolulu.
- Work : New Career 1949 (Film debut)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1962 (Appeared in "Stony Burke")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1968 (Noted series, "Hawaii Five-O," 12 years)
Frank C. Clifford quotes a colleague working in Hawaii who interviewed Lord, given as "18 minutes before midnight." 1930. However, in April 2003, Frank Clifford writes "The astrologer who got the data said it was 1930, but Lord himself claimed to be a war hero in 1944! The time came from him in person but I guess he was playing around with the year. 1920 seems more appropriate." In 2004, Jim Gorham, a correspondent with AstroDatabank writes, "The year of birth you show for Jack Lord (1930) means he was 12 years old when he married his first wife Ann Willard! According to the Internet Movie Data Base he was married to her from 1942 to 1947. Their year for his birth is 1920, which would make him 22. This sounds more correct? This is a 10 year discrepancy and I thought you might research it further. Thanks, Jim" All obituary notices give his birth year as 1920; he died in 1998 at age 77. Accordingly, PT changed the year to 1920.
- Traits : Body : Hair (Black, thick)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Heart disease/attack
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (12 years on Hawaii Five-O)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Exhibited)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Hawaii Five-O)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (TV script, secondary)