|born on||5 October 1908 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Texarkana TX, USA, 33n26, 94w02|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°00' 13°36 Asc. 28°23'|
American producer, director and author of many Broadway shows. He won a Pulitzer prize for "South Pacific" in 1949 and has directed such movie greats as "Picnic," 1955, "Camelot," 1967 and "Paint Your Wagon." 1969.
Logan was only three when his father died and he was raised in Louisiana by his mom and step-dad, an officer of the Culver Military Academy. During Princeton years, he was active in football, boxing and school dramatics. In the late ‘20s he organized the University Players, a summer stock group that inaugurated many acting careers of famous Hollywood stars. After a brief sojourn in Moscow studying under Stanislavsky, he returned to the U.S. and started acting-directing in Hollywood plays.
After Logan served in WW II with the Air Force Combat Intelligence, he returned to Broadway where he started to score his biggest hits. He is the author of an autobiography released in 1976 and a book of memoirs in 1978.
He was very open about his manic-depression that was controlled by medication. He made a second marriage in 1945; two kids and one step-child. Logan wrote his autobiography "Josh" in 1976. He suffered ill-health in the later years of his life, deteriorating with palsy in 1987. Spending his last year in bed, he died 7/21/1988 3:00 PM, Manhattan, NY.
- Death by Disease 12 July 1988 at 3:00 PM (Palsy, age 79)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1949 (Pulitzer Prize)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Autobiography)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1978 (Memoirs)
- Work : New Job 1969 (Directed "Paint Your Wagon")
- Relationship : Marriage 1945 (Second marriage)
- Health : Chronic illness 1987 (Palsy became dibilitating)
B.R. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Director
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script
- Notable : Awards : Pulitzer prize (For South Pacific)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One step-kid)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Palsy, deteriorating)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age three when dad died)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Bi-Polar Disorder (Manic-depressive, medicated)