|Birthname||John Arthur Lithgow|
|born on||19 October 1945|
|Place||Rochester, New York, 43n09, 77w37|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||25°57' or|
American actor with a range versatile enough to cover drama and comedy. Amiable and soft spoken, 6' 4", Lithgow is able to disappear into the role that he plays. The son of a theatrical producer and an actress, he began working on stage as a youth. He majored in history and literature at Harvard before studying drama in England on a Fulbright Scholarship. He has written several children's books and stories.
Back in NY, he was another unemployed actor driving a cab until his breakthrough film, "The World According to Garp," for which he won a Oscar nomination. He already had a Tony on his shelf for Broadway's "The Changing Room."
Lithgow married Jean Taynton 1966-80; one son, Ian. He married Mary Yeager in 1981; one daughter, Phoebe, and one son, Nathan. In the '90s, he dominated television sitcom with his immensely popular "Third Rock from the Sun."
A 1967 graduate of Harvard University, he gave the 2005 commencement address at his alma mater on June 9, 2005 and received an honorary degree. In his address, he donated the advance for his next children's book, due to be published in 2007 to the class gift. In order to deliver the speech, Lithgow took a few days off from performing in the Broadway musical "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels."
- associate relationship with Entertainment: 3rd Rock from the Sun (born 9 January 1996). Notes: Played Dick Solomon, 1996-2001
- business associate/partner relationship with Curtin, Jane (born 6 September 1947). Notes: Co-stars on "3rd Rock from the Sun"
- business associate/partner relationship with Gordon-Levitt, Joseph (born 17 February 1981). Notes: Co-star on "3rd Rock From The Sun"
- role played of/by Churchill, Winston (born 30 November 1874). Notes: 2016 TV series, "The Crown"
- Relationship : Marriage 1966 (First marriage, Jean Taynton, 12 years)
- Relationship : Marriage 1981 (Second marriage Mary Yeager)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 9 January 1996 ("3rd Rock From The Sun" TV series broadcast debut)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
LMR quotes news media for date 6 Nune 1945; time unknown.
atr changed date to 19 October 1945 because all Internet media (Wikipedia, imdb) report this date.
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three, one daughter and two sons)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Versatile)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Third Rock from the Sun)
- Notable : Awards : Tony