Lewis, Jerry (politics)
|born on||21 October 1934 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Seattle WA, USA, 47n36, 122w19|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°03' 21°50 Asc. 18°42'|
American politician and Congressman representing the 35th district from 1978. He was formerly an insurance executive from 1959 before entering politics as field rep to U.S. Rep Jerry Pettis in 1968.
Lewis, handsome and prematurely white-haired, swims and jogs to stay in shape. While in Washington DC on 5/17/1994, he left a restaurant in time to see his car being driven away. Reacting automatically, he ran after the car and caught up to it a few blocks away at a stop light. With the police at his tail, he apprehended the thief and pulled him out of the car.
In 1995, Lewis was named head of the House Appropriations subcommittee that oversees $90 billion in spending for Veteran's housing and for NASA's Space program. He is also investigating ways to reform spending of HUD and other agencies.
He is married with four kids.
- Work : New Career 1959 (Insurance executive)
- Work : New Job 1968 (Field rep)
- Work : Gain social status 1978 (Elected Congressman for CA)
- Work : New Job 1995 (Head of the House Appropriations subcommittee)
LMR quotes him at an Elk's Club dinner 4/1993
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Social crime victim (Car stolen)
- Vocation : Business : Insurance fields
- Vocation : Politics : Public office (Congressman)