|Birthname||Lewi, William Grant III|
|born on||8 June 1902 at 08:30 (= 08:30 AM )|
|Place||Albany NY, USA, 42n39, 73w45|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°48' 19°28 Asc. 09°34'|
American astrologer, author, teacher and editor. After earning a Masters degree from Columbia, he taught English at Dartmouth and at the Universities of North Dakota, and of Delaware. Lewi was the editor of "Dell Horoscope" and "The Astrologer" magazines. He wrote two novels as well as the famous astrology book, "Heaven Knows What."
In 1926, he married Carolyn Wallace, daughter of astrologer Athene Gayle Wallace; three children. His study of astrology began with his mother-in-law as his first tutor. Lewi’s first interest was in literature and academia, but astrology became so consuming that he turned to professional work in 1934. Under the pseudonym "Oscar," he provided a short outline of his life in "Astrology for the Millions." In the late thirties and forties, Lewi edited Horoscope Magazine. In 1950, he resigned in order to initiate his own magazine, The Astrologer, moving to Arizona at that time.
Lewi predicted his own death to the minute from his chart, dying of a cerebral hemorrhage 7/15/1951 in Tucson, AZ.
Lewi devised a unique approach to astrological interpretation based upon equating house and sign indications, a method later developed by Zip Dobyns as "the Zip code." He also utilized certain psychological considerations at a time when astrology was more event-oriented. He used transits exclusively for predictive purposes. This approach was developed in his "Astrology for the Millions" and certain of his magazine articles. Lewi's major works remain popular to the present day and have introduced countless numbers of people to astrology.
- Death by Disease 15 July 1951 at 12:00 noon in Tucson, AZ (Cerebral Hemmorhage, age 49)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Church of Light quotes him by letter 6/1945
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (English teacher)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Editor of astrology magazines)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Stroke (Terminal)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Two novels)