|Birthname||David Michael Letterman|
|born on||12 April 1947 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Indianapolis, Indiana, 39n46, 86w09|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||21°44' 09°48 Asc. 08°18'|
American contemporary humorist and talk show host, the winner of an Emmy as Best Host and Best Writer for a Daytime Variety Series, "The David Letterman Show," 1981. Starting on local radio and TV while still in college in the late '60s, he took a full time job at the station after graduating. He moved to Los Angeles in 1975 to do stand-up comedy and comedy writing and moved into TV, appearing as a favorite on Carson's "Tonight Show."
Letterman's first network daytime show made a debut in June 1980 and he started "Late Night" in February 1982.
Married to Michelle Cook for eight years before they divorced in 1977, by 2000 he had been with girlfriend Regina Lasko, 40, since the late '80s. Obsessed and intense, his life revolves around his show and he's only complete and happy when he's working.
On 1/13/2000, after the show he had chest pains and an emergency angiogram was done that led to a quintuple bypass surgery, 1/14/2000. Surgery went well but was a worry as Letterman is 52 and his dad had died suddenly at age 57 of a heart attack. Two days before, he had completed a show in which he interviewed Hillary Clinton and had been extremely stressed the night before. During the show people remarked on how ill at ease he seemed, though he handled the interview with his usual poise. Within days of his surgery, the relentless workaholic was taking steps in the hospital corridor and joking with the medical staff that he'd come in for cosmetic surgery.
In February 2003, he suffered from a painful bout of shingles and took a month off from work, returning to his show on March 31.
The late-night TV show host announced on September 12, 2003 that he is going to be a father for the first time at age 56. He and his girlfriend, Regina Lasko, since the late ‘80s are not yet married, and Letterman hinted that the sound of wedding bells may be in the air. His son Harry was born in November 2003. He married his long-time girlfriend, Harry's mother, on March 19, 2009 in Montana with their 5-year old son in attendance.
On his show of October 1, 2009, he announced that he had spent the day testifying to a Grand Jury that he was being blackmailed for $2 million in a threat to otherwise reveal that Letterman had sexual relations with women who worked on his show. Letterman decided to address his viewers himself. He revealed that three weeks prior, he had found the threat in a package left in his car, that he had consulted authorities and on their advice had issued a fake check. A man was then arrested and charged with blackmail and extortion.
- associate relationship with Baudis, Dominique (born 14 April 1947)
- associate relationship with Bilalian, Daniel (born 10 April 1947)
- associate relationship with Colbert, Stephen (born 13 May 1964)
- parent->child relationship with Letterman, Harry (born 3 November 2003)
- Family : Change residence 1975 (Moved to L.A.)
- Work : New Job 1982 (Start of the "David Letterman Show")
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 3 November 2003 at 11:58 PM in New York, NY (son Harry was born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : Secrets revealed October 2009 (Admitted to sexual liaisons with staffers)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Wilma Carroll quotes a staff member of the Letterman show, data from his mom. Same data in the biography "Dave's World." (Formerly, his birth time was given by AstroDatabank as 6 PM, but Wilma Carroll contacted PT by e-mail and phone in June 2004 to correct AstroDatabank's error, saying that he was born at 6 AM.)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Traits : Personality : Perfectionist (Intense, obsessive)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Michelle Cook, eight years)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Radio/ D.J./ Announcer (Radio while in college)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (David Letterman Show and Late Night)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Produced his own video's)
- Vocation : Writers : Playwright/ script (Writes his own material)
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Best Host and Best Writer)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession