|Birthname||Marie Edmond Louis Leprince-Ringuet|
|born on||27 March 1901 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||Alès, France, 44n08, 4e05|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°30' 14°47 Asc. 09°09'|
French nuclear physicist and author who specialized in X-ray research. He was one of the leading authorities in experimental particle physics and was the first to discover evidence of a new type of subatomic particle. He wrote numerous books including "Cosmic Rays," 1945 and "Atoms and Men," 1958.
Leprince-Ringuet received his education at the Polytechnic School and the School of Electricity and Science. He was a professor at the Polytechnic School in the physics department from 1936-69 and lectured at the College of France from 1959-72. He was chief of the atomic energy group from 1951-71 and president of the European Center for Nuclear Research from 1964-66. He was a member of the Academy of Sciences as well as l'Académie française.
He was married with six children and enjoyed painting, tennis and skiing.
Just three months shy of his 100th birthday, Leprince-Ringuet died on 23 December 2000 in Paris.
- Work : New Career 1936 (Polytechnic School professor, 33 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1945 ("Cosmic Rays")
- Work : New Job 1951 (Chief of the atomic energy group, 20 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1958 ("Atoms and Men")
- Work : New Job 1959 (Lectured at College of France, 13 years)
- Work : New Job 1964 (President of the European center for Nuclear Research, two years)
Birth certificate in Didier Geslain archive, 'sciences' pdf file, p. 52.
Same data from De Lescaut who quotes Gauquelin Vol 2/2784 (9:00 PM Paris time)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Professor for 33 years)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Academy of Sciences)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Painting)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Tennis and skiing)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 99)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Vocation : Education : Researcher (X-ray research)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor at Polytechnic School)
- Vocation : Science : Physics (Nuclear)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction