Leopold I, Holy Roman Emperor
|born on||9 June 1640 (greg.) at 04:00 (= 04:00 AM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°36' 23°22 Asc. 17°16'|
Austrian royalty, the second son of Ferdinand III, King of Hungary and Bohemia and his cousin, Maria Anna, Daughter of Philip III of Spain. The Holy Roman Emperor, he reigned from 1658-1705.
Leopold was devout and a good student, trained for the church. He was noted as being cultivated, literate and kind though particularly ugly. When his elder brother died 7/09/1654, he became heir to his land and crown and with his father's death in 1657, he was crowned the following year.
Leopold's rule was one of government and wars. He married twice and after being widowed, married Claudia Felicitas, 1673 and they had ten kids, two of whom became emperors, Joseph I and Charles VI.
Leopold never had good health and he died at 64, on 5/05/1705, Vienna.
- parent->child relationship with Joseph I, Holy Roman Emperor (born 26 July 1678 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Karl VI, Holy Roman Emperor (born 1 October 1685 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Leopold Joseph, Archduke of Austria (1682) (born 2 June 1682 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Antonia, Electress of Bavaria (born 18 January 1669 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Elisabeth, Archduchess of Austria (1680) (born 13 December 1680 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Magdalena, Archduchess of Austria (born 26 March 1689 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Margaretha, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 July 1690 (greg.))
- parent->child relationship with Maria Theresia, Archduchess of Austria (born 22 August 1684 (greg.))
- Death of Father 1657
- Work : Gain social status 1658 (Roman Emporer, 47 years)
- Relationship : Marriage 1673 (Third marriage Claudia Felicitas)
Wemyss in Modern Astrology May/1933 quotes Zenit, 8/1932, where the Ashmole mss has 9:30 AM.
Sy Scholfield quotes from "Die Kaisergruft bei den Kapuzinern in Wien" by Cölestin Wolfsgruber (Vienna, 1887), p. 158: "Kaiser Leopold I. ... Auf dem Reichstag zu Regenspurg 1640 brachte ein Curier aus Wien dem Kaiser die fröhliche Zeitung, dass Ihre Maj. den 9. Juni Morgens um 4 Uhr, dess vierten Printzens genesen. Die Kindstauff ist noch selbigen Tag gegen Abend um 6 Uhr im grossen Saal gehalten worden."
Translation: Emperor Leopold I. ... To the Diet at Regensburg a courier from Vienna brought the Emperor the cheerful news that his Majesty on 9 June 1640 in the morning at 4 o'clock, had a fourth prince. The child's baptism was held in the evening at 6 o'clock in the great hall on the same day.
- Traits : Body : Appearance unattractive (Said to be particularly ugly)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Ten)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Two kids became emperers)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Austria)