|born on||6 October 1887 at 21:00 (= 9:00 PM )|
|Place||La Chaux-De-Fonds, Switzerland, 47n06, 6e50|
|Timezone||LST m7e26 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||13°15' 04°41 Asc. 27°36'|
Swiss architect who won international fame as a designer of buildings in the functional style, advancing the creative concept that a house should be a "machine for living" that set a pattern as a forerunner for future designs. He also became known as a painter and writer.
Le Corbusier died of a heart attack while swimming in Cap Martin, France on 27 August 1965.
- associate relationship with Bijvoet, Bernard (born 14 December 1889). Notes: " Monsieur Byvoët, votre génie est très grand pour l’Europe."
- business associate/partner relationship with Perriand, Charlotte (born 24 October 1903)
- business associate/partner relationship with Wogenscky, André (born 3 June 1916)
- friend relationship with Sert, Josep Lluís (born 7 May 1901)
- compare to chart of Mies van Der Rohe, Ludwig (born 27 March 1886). Notes: Minimalist
Sy Scholfield quotes data from Corbusier's father's 'Inventaire' record from 'the collection of the Bibliotheque de la Ville [of La Chaux-de-Fonds, canton de Neuchâtel]' as cited and translated in Harold Allen Brooks's book, 'Le Corbusier's Formative Years: Charles-Edouard Jeanneret at La Chaux-de-Fonds' (University of Chicago Press, 1997), p. 9: 'Edouard Jeanneret-Perret was a meticulous man; his records add much to our knowledge of the family. From account books we learn of family income, expenditure, and savings, and a notebook marked 'Inventaire' even includes the acquisition of children! This entry is worth quoting: '6 October 1887 — Thursday: Birth of the 'Second' [son], Charles-Edouard. During that day labor pains announced the imminent arrival of the expected child. Again Dr. Landry was put in charge of the undertaking while I went back to work. He anticipated the birth would be at 9 o'clock in the evening. As 9 sounded, the child was there, another boy, fine and healthy, bigger than the first. Mrs. Grattiker, the nurse, took charge of him. All went well, he was put immediately on cow's milk and he drinks from his bottle like a man. Previously this entry carried a Rodden Rating of C, with the following source notes: "Friedjung in AQ Summer/1959. (Fowler's gve same as B.C., not confirmed) (9:00 PM Berne time)"
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Sails a schooner)
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Secondary)
- Vocation : Building Trades : Architect/ Planner (Internationally famed)
- Vocation : Business : CPA/ Auditor/ Accountant (Auditor)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Travel : Pilot/ private (Helicopter)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Secondary)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book