Lauri Volpi, Giacomo
|born on||11 December 1891 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Lanuvio, Italy, 41n40, 12e42|
|Timezone||LMT m12e42 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°55' 21°56 Asc. 02°10'|
Italian tenor opera singer who studied in Rome under Cotogni and Rosati. Giacomo made his debut 9/02/1919, appeared in Rome in 1920 and from there, performed in New York, London, Rome, Paris and Barcelona. An extraordinarily talented singer, he possessed a full, poised voice with a wide range, a superb legato, excellent diction in both lyrical signing and dramatic incisiveness. In 1959 he was still singing professionally and an occasional performance in Barcelona in 1972, in his 80's.
Giacomo was the fifteenth child in a family run business and his mom died when he was six. He married the Spanish singer Maria Ros in 1921. After retiring in Valencia, he died 3/16/1979.
- Death, Cause unspecified 16 March 1979 at 12:00 noon in Valencia, Italy (Age 87)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1972 (Still performing while in his 80's)
- Relationship : Marriage 1921 (Maria Ros)
Bordoni quotes B.C. Datanotizie #7 5/1996
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/Opera (Noted tenor singer)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifteenth)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Age six when mom died)
- Lifestyle : Work : Intern/ Apprentice (Cotogni and Rosati)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Singer Maria Ros)