|born on||1 July 1899 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Scarborough, England, 54n17, 0w24|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°09' 22°26 Asc. 04°59'|
British-American actor, onscreen from 1927, one of the most powerful and versatile character actors in film and theater. He was famous for his magnificent voice and diction, with films that included "Mutiny on the Bounty," "Ruggles of Red Gap" and "The Private Life of Henry VIII." With great girth and "a face like an elephant's behind," he nonetheless was a totally absorbing and admirable performer.
At a rehearsal in 1927 he met Elsa Lancaster. They married two years later and two years after that, she learned that he was a well-established, long term homosexual. He said that Elsa was the only woman with whom he ever had sexual relations and with her, they dwindled to nothing. They remained deeply loving friends for their 33 years together, both with outside male partners.
Laughton died of spinal cancer the late night of 12/15/1962 at his home in Hollywood, CA.
- Relationship : Marriage 1929 (Elsa Lancaster)
- Work : Prize 1932 (Oscar Award for Best Actor)
Church of Light quotes Rafael's Almanac 1936. Old-file has 10:40 PM.
- Traits : Body : Voice/Speech (Voice magnificent, resonate)
- Traits : Body : Weight (Huge)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Spine)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One, lasting)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Gay young lovers)
- Passions : Sexuality : Bi-Sexual (Only made love to one woman in his life)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Legitimate theater)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book