|born on||30 July 1931 at 19:30 (= 7:30 PM )|
|Place||Châtelaillon-Plage, France, 46n04, 1w05|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||06°37' 20°45 Asc. 17°08'|
French humanitarian, writer, adventurer and journalist.
Two of Lapierre's books - Is Paris Burning? (co-written with Larry Collins) and City of Joy - have been made into films. Lapierre and Collins wrote several other books together, the last Is New York Burning? (2005).
Lapierre donated half the royalties he earned from this book, the City of Joy, to support several humanitarian projects in Kolkata, India. The royalties from Five Past Midnight in Bhopal go to the Sambhavna clinic in Bhopal which provides free medical treatment to the victims of the 1984 Union Carbide Bhopal disaster. Lapierre also funds a primary school in Oriya Basti, one of the settlements described in Five Past Midnight in Bhopal.
Dominique Lapierre speaks fluent Bengali and has a passion for cars and travelling.
- Family : Change residence 1944 in New Orleans (father becomes Consul General of France)
- Relationship : Marriage 1952 (on his 21st birthday)
- Relationship : Marriage 1980 (second marriage to Dominique Conchon, partner in the City of Joy Foundation)
- Social : Great Publicity 2008 (awarded the Padma Bhushan, India's third highest civilian award)
Collection Didier Geslain (EC DG 23)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (writing with Larry Collins)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (cars and travel)
- Vocation : Travel : Adventurer
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (City of Joy humanitarian foundation)