|Birthname||Sir Hector Laing|
|born on||12 May 1923 at 17:05 (= 5:05 PM )|
|Place||Edinburgh, Scotland, 55n57, 3w13|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||20°54' 15°10 Asc. 11°34'|
Scottish businessman, Director of Bank of England from 1973-1991 and a Director of Exxon Corporation from 1984-1994.
Born into the Scottish aristocracy, he had a privileged childhood. His family owned the biscuit business McVitie & Price where he got his start in his business career. Laing was considered a consummate networker and shrewd business person. He was knighted in 1978. A close friend of Margaret Thatcher, he supported the Tories, becoming the party's treasurer in 1988.
He married Marian Clare in 1950; they had three children.
He died June 21, 2010.
- Relationship : Marriage 1950
- Work : Prize 1978 (Knighted)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1984 (Director at Exxon)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1988 (Treasurer of Conservative Party)
Paul Wright quotes birth record
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Company executive for Bank of England and Exxon)
- Vocation : Politics : Party Affiliation (Conservative)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted