Krishna, Pandit Ji Gopi
|born on||30 May 1903 at 00:14 (= 12:14 AM )|
|Place||Gairoo, India, 33n33, 74e50|
|Timezone||LMT m74e50 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||07°13' 16°48 Asc. 29°44'|
Indian yogi, mystic, Kundalini researcher, teacher, social reformer, and writer. In 1937 he experienced a spontaneous awakening of Kundalini energy. He was first published in 1949. His 1967 autobiography is known under the title Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man.
His writings have influenced Western interest in kundalini yoga. He wrote many books and travelled all over the world giving lectures. He came to feel the kundalini experience underlies all (or most) religions that started with a personal revelation. He could see kundalini iconography in cultures worldwide, from ancient Egypt to Quetzalcoatl to the caduceus of Mercury, and believed there was a common basis, and that he had been granted entry to this vision.
Gopi Krishna was reported to be a supporter for the equality of men and women. He acted, and at one point ended up imprisoned for his actions. One of his most far-reaching contributions involved bettering conditions for widows.
Married with three children, he died of a severe lung infection on 31 July 1984, aged 81.
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1937 (Kundalini energy)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1949 (First published)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Autobiography, "Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man")
Steinbrecher quotes astrologer Margaret Kobet from him, rectified. (Given as LMT, rectified by whom or from what original time not specified)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience (Kundalini energy)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker
- Vocation : Education : Teacher
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ feminist (Advocate for the equality of men and women)
- Vocation : Religion : Ecclesiastics/ eastern (Hindu)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("Kundalini: The Evolutionary Energy in Man")
- Vocation : Writers : Religion/ Philosophy
- Vocation : Writers : Poet