|born on||11 January 1921 at 08:00 (= 08:00 AM )|
|Place||Lynch KY, USA, 36n57, 82w55|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||20°50' 16°27 Asc. 11°36'|
American politician and first woman to hold the post of Secretary of Commerce on 1/23/1977. She joined the faculty of Duke University 1955-1971 and became a full professor in 1968. She left academia for hands-on experience on the New York Stock Exchange in 1972 and returned to Duke as the Vice-President 1973-1977. Kreps was the author of several books on economics.
In 1976 she met President Jimmy Carter and from that meeting she became the first woman economist for the position of Secretary of Commerce.
She was born the sixth child of impoverished and struggling parents who divorced when she was four years old. At age 12 she was placed in a boarding school where she did well. From there she went on to college eventually earning her Ph.D. from Duke University in 1948.
Kreps married on August 11, 1944 and they have three children, one of whom predeceased her. Her husband died in 2000.
She died on July 5, 2010 in Durham, NC of complications from Alzheimer's disease.
- Work : New Job 1955 (Professorship at Duke University)
- Work : New Career 1972 (N.Y. Stock Exchange)
- Work : New Job 1973 (Returned to Duke as Vice President)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1976 (Pres. Jimmy Carter)
- Work : Gain social status 23 January 1977 (New job as Secretary of Commerce)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death of Mate 2000
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Alzheimer's/Senility
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family large
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Sixth-born)
- Family : Childhood : Parents divorced
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One long term)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Personal : Death : Illness/ Disease
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs
- Vocation : Education : Administrator (Vice President of Duke)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (Professor at Duke University)
- Vocation : Politics : Government employee (Secretary of Commerce)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women